Results from study with persons with dementia and the social robot LOVOT has been published in the international journal: JMIR Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies.
The conclusion of the study is:
- The LOVOT robot is the next generation of social robots with advanced artificial intelligence.
- The vast majority of persons with dementia accepted the social robot LOVOT.
- LOVOT had positive effects, opened up communication, and facilitated interpersonal interaction.
- Although LOVOT did not create noticeable effects on social well-being, it gave individual persons a respite from everyday life.
- Some residents were overstimulated by emotions after interacting with LOVOT.
- Health care professionals accepted the social robot and view LOVOT as a new tool in the work with persons with dementia.
Read the full article: “Use of a Social Robot (LOVOT) for Persons With Dementia: Exploratory Study“.